http://www.makepovertyhistory.org the shadow laboratory: The Hungry Hulk


Friday, November 11, 2005

The Hungry Hulk


Bruce Banner transforms into the Incredible Hulk when he is angry. The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets. As mentioned in the Hulk movie by Ang Lee, "You won't like me when I'm angry." Once transformed, Hulk can be the ultimate machine for destruction. When he is pissed off, he acts as if he was pissed on. To make it short, don't make him angry.

Similarly, I have this Hulk complex, but on a different aspect. "You won't like it when I'm hungry." I tend to be irritated easily when I'm hungry. It's like as if I have PMS. It's like as if I'm mad at the whole world. I really can't work on an empty stomach. Mental note, don't make me hungry. You can make me stay up late or make me not sleep at all, but don't make my hungry. You can make me wait forever, but don't make me hungry. When I start talking in Spanish, "Tengo hambre... vamos a comer," I mean it, and watch out.

As mentioned by our professor in Consumer Insight, "Tipirin mo na ang lahat wag lang ang pagkain." Generally, I buy affordable food. But I won't hesitate to buy more expensive ones as long as I see the value and satisfaction I get. Cheaper food, means more frequency to eat. When I buy cheaper food, I can buy more, so I still end up consuming more money for food. Money for Food... tudididup... tudididup... tudididup...

For some serious global issues: There is enough food in the world to feed everyone. Yet because of hunger and related causes over six million children die every year. Related to the International campaign against poverty, we should also fight against hunger.

Moral of the Story:

"rationem patitur, nec aequitate mitigatur nec ulla prece flectitur, populus esuriens"
A hungry people listens not to reason, not cares for justice, nor is bent by any prayers.
-De Brevitate Vitoe (XVIII)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahaha oo nga nakakarelate kami! and yes it's true pag groupmate ka, food must be available 24 hours! ang sungit mo pag gutom eh! -_-'

11:06 PM

 
Blogger yomz said...

tama! bawal ako magutom.

11:18 PM

 
Blogger aLLain said...

bawal ang hunger strike!!! pareho lng tau... haha!!

11:27 PM

 
Blogger yomz said...

to allain:

tama! bawal ang hunger strike... puro tama na lang ang sinabi ko ah

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home