http://www.makepovertyhistory.org the shadow laboratory: Games + Design + Movies + Music = Fun


Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Games + Design + Movies + Music = Fun

.:Games:.
I've been playing Gunbound and many RPG (Role Playing Games) this summer break. Gunbound is fun. Free taunting. Fun to mess around. wahaha. I just finished Pokemon Emerald. It was fun. argh! I miss those high school games when Pokemon was the fad. Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy 7. I need to get Vincent in my party! Games games games!

.:Design:.
I really want to improve the design of my blog. I want to make my online portfolio. Too bad design books are so expensive. Fortunately, I read them free at Powerbooks. :D If I had the money, I would really buy them. The book I've read recently was Layout Workbook by Kristin Cullen. Whoah, great concepts and great designs are showcased in that book.

Here are some of the things I've learned:
1. To design is not only to add aesthetics, but more importantly, to add meaning... blah blah
2. Form does not follow content. They go together as one.
3. Typography is the basic grammar for designing.
4. Layouts... (look for the book to see the designs)

.:Movies:.
I've watched Madagascar last week, and it was good. (I like to move it, move it! I like to... MOVE IT!!!) I really loved the penguins in the movie... hahaha! I just watched Coach Carter, and it was even better. Simple cinematography, great plot, and great lessons to learn.

.:Music:.
Whooo!!! Fete de la Musique is back in Ortigas! yeah! It would be on June 18 @ El Pueblo, 4PM onwards. yey!!! Among the performers I would like to see are Sugarfree, Hale, Mojofly, Session Road, Kitchie Nadal, Ciudad, Imago, Kjwan, Silent Sanctuary, Spongecola, and many more. For the complete list, check this link: Fete de la Musique

Yeah... before the next term starts... it would be fun, fun, fun and fun!!! Now back to my hibernation. :D

-yomz-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST BLOG-HOPPING...

"I really want to improve the design of my blog. I want to make my online portfolio."
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEW AND IMPROVED LAYOUT! DAPAT 'MALUFEEEET' YAN AH! DON'T DISAPPOINT YOUR FANS! CHARING! HAHA... BUTI KA PA, MAGALING KA DIYAN. BANO AKO DIYAN KAYA I DON'T TINKER WITH MY LJ LAYOUT. HEHE

"I've watched Madagascar last week, and it was good. (I like to move it, move it! I like to... MOVE IT!!!) I really loved the penguins in the movie..."
WAHHH! BUTI KA PA! I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. =( YEAH I LIKE THE PENGUINS TOO. PARANG ANG SAYA TULOY MAGKAROON NG PET PENGUIN! HEHE

"Fete de la Musique is back in Ortigas!"
WOOHOO!!! I READ ABOUT THIS TOO LAST NIGHT. EXCITED NA AKO!!! AND THE BEST PART IS, IT'S JUST AN FX AWAY...MALAPIT LANG. HEHE. O ANO, HULING HIRIT NA TOH BAGO MAG PASUKAN!

---NADINE

10:38 PM

 
Blogger yomz said...

ei thanks. sana nga matapos ko ung design.

yeah, masaya cguro alagang penguin. kaso mainit dito eh, pag dala sa skul lagi baka mabuhay, malamig dun eh.

PET DE LA MUSIK! yey! yun ang tunay na first day funk or first week funk! :D

1:34 AM

 
Blogger aLLain said...

hoister....



wala alng... ewan ko kung makakasama ako sa Fete dela Musique... University day e

12:08 AM

 
Blogger yomz said...

ahh... sayang naman. punta kaya ako sa mosh pit? wooooh!!! malapit na ang fete de la musique!!!

12:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home